To try and save a bit more money, I have loaded several digital coupons to my Safeway club card, only to have them NOT be redeemed at the checkout. They keep trying to push the blame off on me - it wasn't my "home" store (shouldn't matter), I was out of my local area (I wasn't), I didn't buy the correct items (total BS).

I worked for a major supermarket chain for 21 years and I know to be VERY careful about reading the fine print for promotions, coupons, etc.

Trust me, I did all that, and even RECHECKED the digital coupons to make sure I was in the right and not losing my mind (31+ years in retail will do that to ya!) Sounds like it's time to approach my state's attorney general about this scam. I wonder how many people NEVER notice that this is happening to them.

Comments

Corvallis, Oregon, United States #609000

I have added their coupons on my card days ahead of shopping and am so honest i guess that when i catch it not showing up on my total i make them fix it. The worst is when i don't catch it until i walk all the way home and then have to go back to fight it out for the 2-13 dollars mistakes.

I believe it is mostly a scam.

if they rob even every other customer of a dollar or 12 thats more money for their cayman island bank accounts. So i wish you the best of luck in getting someone to hold them accountable.

Portland, Oregon, United States #602234

As a former employee, I was with Safeway when the new system was started. I was not a big fan of it due to the fact it could take up to 1 hour or more for the coupon to work on the card.

Which totally sucked for people that we had to sign up in the store, since I bet they wanted to use it then. I don't blame you for wanting to go to the State AG to complain since the wording on some coupons don't work.