Today I went into the safe that I shop at 5 days a week for lunch.

I went through the till and was denied cigarette purchase due to a replacement license from ICBC but did have 2 credit cards, staff ID with picture and name as well as my birth certificate.

I was told by my cashier that I needed a photo ID which made sense, but wanted a bit more clarification from the store manager as to why all my valid pieces of ID were not enough.

When I waited at the customer service desk, I was belittled by the customer service cashier KIMBERLY saying that they have been nailed many times by not asking for ID and she was so rude... Told me if I tried again that wouldn't be able to go into the store again.

I was visibly upset as she was rude, clearly having a bad day or bad hangover by the looks of her appearance.

Kimberly needs to learn how to speak with a customer that just purchased 100 in groceries prior to her bad attitude.

When the manager approached, he checked my ID and said it wasn't valid which I already understood as that Safeway clearly sells cigarettes to minors and I will take my complaint to ICBC instead.

I then turned my complaint into my experience with Kimberly and he said just call the 1-800 number and did not have a care in the world.

I returned my groceries and left.

I spend a minimum of $15 per day. 5 ads a week at this Safeway on my way back from the gym for a healthy lunch, cigarettes 3xper week

I will never go back to this Safeway again until the management goes through some sort of customer relations training as well as his staff clean themselves up professionally. She should be collecting carts from the parking lot not dealing ith the public.

Absolutely unacceptable.

Very glad there is a wide variety of grocery stores in Vancouver.

I have never had this complaint or anything of the sort at my neighbourhood Safeway Kingsway and Tyne

Nothing but happy and amazing staff there

Review about: Safeway Cashier.

Comments

What kind of idiot blames employees for following the law?Get your ID back loser