7655 McLaughlin Rd, Falcon, CO 80831, USA

I used the home delivery service in Falcon, Co and received a Sabra Hummus that was dated sell by 3/30/18 and I ordered and received my groceries on 4/8/18. Shame on both Safeway for having expired products on their shelves and on the so-called 'shopper' for not looking at expiration dates on the food.

You pay a stiff 'premium' for home delivery and you expect the same care in shopping for the food as if you were doing the shopping for yourself. On top of that, the customer service rep wanted to give me a $5 credit on my 'next order'. This was my first and last order. I told her that defeats the purpose and to deliver the food I ordered with an acceptable expiration date.

I literally had to scream before she heard me. I'll not be using that service again and I suggest you don't either.

The markup is extreme and should warrant an excellent service. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Review about: Sabra Dipping Supremely Spicy Hummus.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

The "sell by" date is different than the "best by" date. Meaning sell by dates are when the stores are expected to replace the product on the shelves.

It is not an expiration date.

I understand your frustration with this, but you could've handled yourself better by not yelling at the person over the phone who had ZERO fault in this! Yelling is not a good form of communication for grown adults.

cjackso3
to Ryan #1462922

When the rep is telling you to have to make another purchase to get a credit and won't listen, you yell. The fact is the product should not have been on the shelf according to Safeway when I followed in person with them.

They apologized and said I was well within my right to be frustrated. Since it clearly states the product is best if used by March, the product was not in its quality window. I'm sure you've NEVER raised your voice in frustration when the customer service was highly lacking, right?

Sure you haven't! It has nothing to do with being grown genius