To Whom it may concern,

I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do not want this to reflect on them.

I have been purchasing for a long time because of my health, only organic products. It is more expensive and I count on your store to provide me with the product I am paying for.

Recently I was checking the GPC numbers on back of cut Organic spinach and noticed that the numbers DO NOT correspond with organic codes.

Instead of 9---- the numbers are 4---- which mean it has been grown using pesticides. I am very upset about this as I cannot eat the foods with pesticides, considering my health issues. I will send pictures of the codes and products. I let the manager know about this and he was very nice, but what is your company going to do about this. I feel that some help with this issue, as I have spent quite a bit of money for foods that are not what they are supposed to be. Please let me know what we can do to rectify this issue as soon as possible. I have enough on my plate as it is. I will go take pictures of some of the products I'm describing before I send this off. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you Debra Lee Parham email: ambergreen16@hotmail.com

This person wrote the review because of not as described of o organics spinach from Safeway and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Safeway to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Safeway for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Safeway?

Comments

Ladera Ranch, California, United States #1206604

The product code in a UPC-A is not an indicator of organic or not.

You might be thinking of the PLU convention, where say bananas 4011 is prefixed with a 9 (94011). A UPC-A is not the same thing as a PLU.