To Whom it may concern,

I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do not want this to reflect on them.

I have been purchasing for a long time because of my health, only organic products. It is more expensive and I count on your store to provide me with the product I am paying for.

Recently I was checking the GPC numbers on back of cut Organic spinach and noticed that the numbers DO NOT correspond with organic codes.

Instead of 9---- the numbers are 4---- which mean it has been grown using pesticides. I am very upset about this as I cannot eat the foods with pesticides, considering my health issues. I will send pictures of the codes and products. I let the manager know about this and he was very nice, but what is your company going to do about this. I feel that some help with this issue, as I have spent quite a bit of money for foods that are not what they are supposed to be. Please let me know what we can do to rectify this issue as soon as possible. I have enough on my plate as it is. I will go take pictures of some of the products I'm describing before I send this off. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you Debra Lee Parham email: ambergreen16@hotmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: O Organics Spinach.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 31, 2016.

Comments

Ladera Ranch, California, United States #1206604

The product code in a UPC-A is not an indicator of organic or not.

You might be thinking of the PLU convention, where say bananas 4011 is prefixed with a 9 (94011). A UPC-A is not the same thing as a PLU.