Safeway - False claims on vegetables

To Whom it may concern,

I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do not want this to reflect on them.

I have been purchasing for a long time because of my health, only organic products. It is more expensive and I count on your store to provide me with the product I am paying for.

Recently I was checking the GPC numbers on back of cut Organic spinach and noticed that the numbers DO NOT correspond with organic codes.

Instead of 9---- the numbers are 4---- which mean it has been grown using pesticides. I am very upset about this as I cannot eat the foods with pesticides, considering my health issues. I will send pictures of the codes and products. I let the manager know about this and he was very nice, but what is your company going to do about this. I feel that some help with this issue, as I have spent quite a bit of money for foods that are not what they are supposed to be. Please let me know what we can do to rectify this issue as soon as possible. I have enough on my plate as it is. I will go take pictures of some of the products I'm describing before I send this off. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you Debra Lee Parham email:

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Review category
Food Stores
review #911052

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Safeway? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 01 #1206604 Ladera Ranch, California

The product code in a UPC-A is not an indicator of organic or not.
You might be thinking of the PLU convention, where say bananas 4011 is prefixed with a 9 (94011). A UPC-A is not the same thing as a PLU.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.