Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer

Update by user Jun 15, 2022

I can’t afford to replace my couch so I have a bloody couch and $830. If I really ever see any of it.

Update by user Jun 15, 2022

Nothing has happened.

Original review updated by user Jun 15, 2022

I was stabbed by one of the display cases last January 24th in the late afternoon at the Safeways on NW Blvd in Spokane wa. It took three days of pressure for the bleeding to stop and in that time, lost a one year old white couch worth over 2 thousand dollars.

It took their insurance company almost 5 months to get back to me when 6 months is the life of the claim and I had to get their attention through this very website or it wouldve been dropped, as they dont direct calls. I was furious. To add insult to injury, the reimbursed me only $800 which only covers a section of the couch that is no longer manufactured. I dont think they did any investigation into what stabbed me, they never asked.

I bumped into something, and thought Id get a bruise. Another customer and the store manager noticed my wound, as it bled through my jeans heavily.

I wont go back again, this store is not safe. I dont know how else to warn people so they dont go through what I did.

User's recommendation: Stay away. I was lucky considering.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Safeway Cons: Not a safe place.

Comments