Verified Reviewer

You greatly inconveniece your customers by your eliminating the option of strong plastic bags with handles and providing only weak paper bags with no handles, at least that is the new policy in Lakeview, OR. I am not sure about elsewhere.

If a person is on foot, as I often am because I live nearby, or taking the bus, or elderly, as I am, then my purchase must be limited to two light bags only. My last trip to Safeway was two full bags and difficult to carry and I had items fall from the bag to the ground. Also the bags rip easily and I had to carry both bags with my arm underneath to prevent the bags from breaking and spilling all my contents. It was difficult.

The assistant manager said the new policy was to support the timber industry. Yes, these bags are going to be thown out and there will be a Small increase for paper from Safeway. But there will also be people like myself who will have to drive, remember to bring plastic bags, or more likely need to purchase less. Sounds Idiotic to me.

PLEASE change this policy immediately and resume providing plastic bags for the convenience of your customers. All the other people I've talked to about this, and yes even Safeway employees, says this really SUCKS

Preferred solution: Plastic bags with handles.

Location: 244 North F Street, Lakeview, Oregon 97630, United States