Ad said $1.99/gal for fresh milk. I was charged $2.79 for two gallons.

Customer service said the price was only valid for 3 days 1-3 March instead of a week. Ad was misleading and deceptive. Customer in front of me in the line had the exact same problem, and was returning the milk.

I kept the milk, but feel that I was cheated out of $1.60 and a lot of other folks will feel the same way, and will stop shopping at Safeway and shop for groceries elsewhere. I think Safeway should issue a customer apology and refund for the overcharging.

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #785257

What the ***, you clearly got a better deal. Ad was 2 bucks for a gallon, you got DOUBLE that for 2.79. Who cares about the sale that you missed out on, ***, you got a good deal.

Let me get this straight, ad said $1.99 for "one " gallon. You paid $2.79 for "two " gallons.Sounds to me that you got the better deal.

Are you kidding me?! You post on this site about a few bucks more for milk? This cracks me up!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #615697

People aren't going to quit shopping at Safeway because of what you said happened. The grocery stores where I live always have a section in their ads of sale items that are only good for two-three days. A person really has to read the ads carefully.