2.5
Layout of Store

My First Safeway Delivery Experience:

This was my first time using Safeway’s delivery Service and I am really amazed by the INCOMPETENCY of the service.

1st Issue :

I placed an order through Safeway App yesterday. I Scheduled the delivery for Wednesday, 9/12/2018; 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. The delivery driver showed up at 2:15pm.

2nd Issue:

I would have been ok with the timing, if they delivered the right order. Out of the 10 items ordered only 3 were found to be correct. I did not even receive 7 out of 10 products, I had ordered. Furthermore, whatever item I received were not in right quantity.

For example : I had ordered 8 bananas , I received 5 instead.

3rd Issue:

I called the customer service (877-505-4040) and I was placed on hold for several minutes. Next time I called, I put my name on automatic call list. After 12 minutes, I got a call back from Safeway and again; I was placed on hold. After several minutes of waiting, the call got connected but no one spoke on the phone. Instead the call hung up.

Finally, I decided to call my LOCAL store. The lady answered the phone told me “this issue is handled by .COM section and she is going to transfer my call to them”. And again you guessed it Right........ I was placed on hold and couldn’t get in touch with anyone.

I called the store again, spoke to the same lady and she told me the person in the .COM section is not available and call again later.

I have also sent an email to deliverysupport@safeway.com [its been a few hours and haven’t got any response yet]

I am posting this on SOCIAL MEDIA to share my experience. I am hoping someone will soon answer my email and refund the amount for the products I didn’t receive.

Finally, I see the delivery service as the way to save my time. If I have to spend several hours to connect to customer service and track the missing items; this defeats the purpose of using the service. I would like the refund and I won’t be using this service again!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments