I would give you the store number of the Safeway at Old Keene Mill Road and Lee Chapel Road, Burke, Virginia but it is not on the sales slip, I entered the store on 4 March 2018 at ~ 1045 hours. I had selected some bakery products but had questions.

The only bakery employee on the sales floor was talking on a cell phone. Seeking out the store manager, Mr. Todd Neilson, I asked him if Safeway's employee policy was to help customers or talk on the cell phone. He admitted that they were there to help customers but, there was an exception in this case, as the employee was talking to her supervisor.

Wrong answer. If the employee is on the sales floor, they are there for the purpose of helping the customer carry as many goods out of the store as they can afford -- not to talk on the phone, not to stock shelves, not to talk to each other. I thanked him in mid excuse, took the bakery goods out of my cart, paid for the minimum items I needed, and left the store.

Most days you can throw a bowling ball down most of the aisles without fear of hitting a customer. Now they have one less customer to interfere with their important work.

Review about: Safeway Manager.

Comments