2.8
Layout of Store

I will from time to time write a personal check for my groceries, I was told that you will not accept them any longer because I do not write them often enough? I am retired from the Safeway Denver Division and receive retirement checks monthly from you!!

since leaving the corporate veil, I have become quite secure financially in the petroleum industry and the account that you refused has over $80,000.00 in it. If you do not want to accept my personal check I can go to the Kroger store "city market" down the street, they take my check and I do not have history with them. This is the reasoning I left the Safeway stores, lack of customer courtesy and making it a great place to shop. My credit card, or debit card is accepted at Safeway, but I do not write enough personal checks.

I know that Check-write is used in the stores which has a link to bad checks and will collect them. I have never written a bad check and do not plan to do so in the future--but I will write them to City Market or Wal-Mart in Alamosa Colorado!

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: accept personal checks for payment.

I didn't like: Check cashing policy.

Comments