My wife has had multiple operations and is very forgetful. She went shopping and had an opened item in her pocket which she forgot on checkout. she got the typical nazi treatment and they called the police when she tried to explain that she forgot the item (CANDY BAR!!!!). the Lone Tree police in Colorado gave her a ticket and the case was later dropped. But Safeway gets its 'lawyers' involved and sends a demand letter to the house asking for hundreds of dollars!

This is their lawyers...a ripoff company in Florida. I am glad they closed the Safeway on Quebec in CO and hope that other Safeways are also soon closed. i wouldn't enter that companies stores if they were giving away free food. Its an overpriced store that can't compete.

Its a harrassment specialist that believes that if they bother you enough, you will pay. I plan on suing Safeway before they go out of business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 28, 2016.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1180727

It's not stealing until you leave the store. BTW, you sound like an a55....

CANDY BAR!.... My mother beat my a55 for stealing a candy bar when I was 4. Maybe you should supervise your wife if you know she has issues. Typical Nazi Treatment.

Seriously? If it was a teenager I'm sure you would have another view.