2.8
Layout of Store

Safeway, SW Century Dr, Bend, OR

If I could give negative stars, I would. The SERIOUS LACK of customer service, starting at the store director level & trickling all the way down, is astounding! I was at the customer service counter & Courtney W. stopped helping me, mid transaction, to help the person behind me because their transaction "would be much faster"...um...WTF? I'm a paying customer & my business should be just as significant as theirs! By the time Courtney began helping me again, I was beyond irritated & asked to speak with a manager. "That's me" was all the reply I got. When I said "Obviously I mean someone other than yourself" she picked up the phone & D. Pepper showed up. I explained what happened and D. turned to Courtney & said "was that you?" to which Courtney nodded as she looked at me & rudely said "well, you should've said 'no' if you weren't ok with it." I'm sorry, what?! Is this seriously how management is allowed to treat people? At this point, I asked for the store director name & a good time to call them. As I left the store, I called customer service & explained what happened. They were as shocked as I was & filed my requested complaint. 4 days go by & I hear from no one. I call customer service back, they look the information up & tell me that the store director indicated they attempted to call me but I didn't answer. COMPLETE & TOTALLY LIES!!!! They never once tried to call me. I had ZERO missed calls from them, zero voice mail, nada. Feeling like they're trying to brush things under the rug & hopefully not get in trouble, I'm even more frustrated! I requested to have the district manager get involved because clearly the store doesn't care. The DM calls me, we discuss the situation, he apologizes, offers me a $25 gift card & states he will get the apology I'm looking for. Welllllll.....it's 3 weeks into this, I have no gift card & haven't heard back from anyone. I know I'm only one person but my business is just as important as the next. I've been a loyal Safeway customer for almost 40 years, which obviously means nothing to them. At this point I wanna say "*** me Safeway" & take my business to Freddy's, Market of Choice, anywhere other than Safeway. It's sad that one person's actions have been allowed to snowball into something so absurd. Goodbye Safeway. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Safeway. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Safeway to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Safeway and safeway customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments