Safeway does not stand behind their products, as a loyal Safeway customer for the last 25 years, my perception of their service has changed. Recently I purchased 2 $25 dollar I tunes cards at the same time, both cards were missing part or partial of the activation codes.(100%) When I asked for replacments they told me their is no refund or exchange.

Their response was call Itunes and resolve yourself. They also stated that this is a problem and handed me a print out on how to contact Itunes to resolve the problem. I said to them If this a problem why are you selling this product. After wasting alot of my own personal time I they told me that is an Itunes problem, and that I would have to deal with Itunes.

This was told to me Paul the Manager at the St Vital Safeway, who conveyed that their head office out of Calgary denied any assistance. Think twice before you shop at your Safeway

Review about: Safeway Manager.

Comments

Corvallis, Oregon, United States #609016

Safeway now buys your unused gift cards so how can they not take back or buy back the defective ones. :p

Safeway is the middle man in gift card sales. As soon as the cards are sold the company that the gift card is for gets their money for the value of the card.

Just because you ended up with issues with your card (s) the corisponding company and their customer service team should take care of you not the middle man, Safeway in this instance. The manager told you how to resolve your issue you just didn't want to hear it.

This is a terrible reason to not shop somewhere. No store will accept returned gift cards.

Contact apple and include an attached photo if this is what you claim.

Plus it sounds like the store manager tried to help you resolve it! In short, quit ***, no one wants to hear your antiquated complaining.