I joined the "Safeway for U" program many, many months ago. My "local store" is on Napa Street in Sonoma, CA. Each and every week, I update my "preferences" and in store specials and then make a print out to take to the store with me.

Each and every single time that I have made a purchase, I watch the register carefully. And each and every time, I have to stop the process, explain to the cashier that I am supposed to be getting this special price (as evidenced by the printout from Safeway.) And each and several times, they charge me the full price and have now refused to take it off at the cash register. This is even though I have my printout from Safeway.

Now, I am always told that I have to go to Customer Service and discuss it with them. I always purchase a quantity of frozen food each time I shop, so this is not an option for me to go and stand in line for a customer service rep to assist me...while my frozen food, popsicles, etc. melt.

I have tried contacting Safeway directly via email with no success.

This program is a rip off!!

I have to stop and explain

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Cashier.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 30, 2011.

Comments

I emailed safeway about this and they just over this. I spent over 4 hours a week on this and it just was not worth it for $14 on average.

And a waste of paper to print it out. Plus many items are outdated so you have to look the dates on everything. We are amongst the top 500 shoppers in the Bel Air, MD store.

I wish they would just give the savings to card holders. That would be too easy, huh?!

i agree. It is not worth it!

i spend over 4 hours on this to save about $14 and my husband said it is not worth it! I emailed safeway reabout the program and they ignored it...it would be better to just give the lower prices to card holders. Safeway is just a quarter of a mile from our house in Bel Air, MD.

We are in the top 500 shoppers in that store. They also have a lot of outdated items so you have to watch expiration dates!

I agree with you big time. A few hours ago, I tried to get $5 off my purchase but that unfriendly clerk wouldn't accept my account. As a result, I threw a fit.

Hand them the card with your left hand while you keep your right hand on the keypad. This will ensure a proper card read and connection. It's a weird glitch in their system.

The first comment, while a little strong, is correct. We had the same issue and spoke to customer service.

Turns out the Safeway card we were swiping was different from the one we had created online. Now we just enter our phone number instead of swiping the card and everything works fine.

you're ***. You signed up wrong, linked it to the worng CC number or phone number, log in check your account and stop being a morton.