2.7
Layout of Store

I was given a gift card. It was purchased online for me and I received notice via email.

In the email I was given the option to save it to my android pay which I did do. So yesterday, I went to safeway and did my grocery shopping and when I went to pay, the cashier refused to attempt to scan the barcode of the gift card on my phone. She instead got her manager, the managers name was Tasha and she was rude and made no effort whatsoever to help. She told me that store policy stated that I needed to print out the gift card.

So I had to leave my groceries there and go home to print the gift card out. Later that night I returned with the printed out gift card and after getting my groceries I gave it to the cashier (a different cashier), she looked at the printout and said it had no barcode on it and it wouldn't work. I told her I have a barcode on my android pay and she scanned it and all was well. I was able to pay for my groceries and go home.

So today I went to safeway, did my grocery shopping and went to pay, this time it was another different cashier. This cashier refused to scan my android pay and said she needed to get her manager. She returned with Tasha. Tasha claimed it was store policy that I had to have the gift card printed out.

I told her that I did print it yesterday and there was no barcode on the printout, so the cashier scanned my android pay barcode on my phone and it worked fine. She said she didn't care Becauuse it was store policy that I had to print out the gift card. She was very difficult and had a bad attitude. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she said she was the supervisor.

Why does Safeway have such hostile managers in charge of the store? Can safeway have someone responsible and professional running the store?Someone that actually attempts to resolve issues fairly? And why do they make it so difficult to use a gift card that has already been paid for? I have been shopping at that safeway almost every day for the past 3 or 4 years and have never had such an awful experience as I did the past 2 days when I had to deal with a hostile manager who made sure that I had to leave without my groceries.

Is Tasha accountable to no one?

Because that is the way she behaved. Safeway really let me down.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Safeway. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Safeway.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Stores category for more informed decision or compare Safeway to other companies on our site.

Comments