Safeway keeps running coupons that say they'll give you a $25 gift card for new/transferred prescription. There was just one that expired today, May 1, 2018.

I loaded the coupon to my Safeway card, then had a prescription transferred. When I went to pick up the prescription, the pharmacist told me I could use the coupon because I'd already used it. I said I hadn't - that I had just loaded the coupon. The pharmacist said I had used the coupon back 6 months ago.

I said the coupon didn't exist 6 months ago.

Then the pharmacist made up some story about all the different coupons Safeway makes available over time - with different expiration dates - are all the same coupon AND that I should know that.

If that is what Safeway intends, then they should have 1 coupon, that says it is valid ONCE, from X date to Y date, and the coupon's expiration date wouldn't change. Safeway is far too big of a corporation to claim something that isn't explicitly stated on the coupon.

It is a deceptive practice. They do it because it pays off: most people will still get their prescription filled (without getting the giftcard), and Safeway makes a lot of money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Coupon.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 02.

Comments