Safeway Store denied me the purchase of a Visa Gift Card
For the last 11 years iv'e been shopping at a local Safeway store. I always appreciated the friendly atmosphere of Safeway but for the last 5 years that's about all Safeway has going for them. Over the years Iv'e watched the Safeway Corporation make things very inconvenient by way of ridiculous policies. I remember how convenient it was to purchase my tobacco products at my Colorado and Arizona Safeway but Arizona Safeway stopped carrying smokeless tobacco. I also remember when I could purchase a Visa Gift Card along with my groceries by form of Check payment at my Colorado Safeway, but here recently I was told by the Colorado Safeway chech out clerk that Safeway no longer accepts a check as payment for visa gift cards, she told me the Visa Geft Card is a "cash only purchase." She also told me it was a "Corporate Policy" which went into affect 6 months ago. I thought this was a bit odd considering I've been purchasing Visa gift cards at different Safeway stores by form of Check payment for the last 12 months prior. So, I guess you could say this new "Corporate Policy" has become yet another inconvenience for the loyal Safeway customers of Colorado. I have two other grocery stores in my area I can easily do business with, if the Safeway Corporate Policy is aimed at making things less convenient for they're customer, then by right, my own policy tells me maybe I should start doing my grocery shopping else where in my community. Ridiculous policies and misinformed Safeway clerks are a sure way to lose loyal customers!
Mary the checkout clerk needs to be "re-informed" regarding the payment/purchase policies for Visa Gift Cards at 1580 E Main St, Cortez, CO 81321
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Visa Gift Card
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "To Whom it may concern, I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do..."
- "This is our freezer which I go into about 3 times a day I can not get into it to preform my work properly in the bakery management has become..."
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "Taco Bell 3554 South Tower Rd. Aurora Colorado order #369757 cashier Rachel B. Terrible customer service complete misunderstanding of entire order as if she didn't know the menue. One..."
- "Freelancer has always had a problem with anyone I have talked to in regards to validating your account, bullying others and overcharging. Here's a new low though, they TOOK over..."
- "Tonight I stopped at the Taco Bell 022091 Denver, Co I ordered Cheezy Gordita Crunch (no spicy ranch) was charged 2.79 and did not receive along with orders totaling 21.07. I..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."