Layout of Store

Safeway pharmacies do not report ALL controlled substance medications dispensed by their stores as is required by Oregon state law, namely ORS 431.964, which states that ALL such medications must be reported to the Oregon Prescription Drug Monitoring Program within 72 hours of dispensing.Safeway has failed to do this with numerous patients and claims that it is a corporate computer issue.

However, they have known about it for over a year and have done NOTHING. Letter to corporate president went unanswered. Complaints to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy go nowhere; they are an inept agency that protects their brother pharmacists. In this time of opioid overuse and abuse, providers rely on the PDMP to see what medications patients have gotten and from whom.

Safeway could care less about opioid problems as long as they make a lot of money off of the patients.Safeway is more interested in profits rather than safety.

Review about: Safeway Pharmacy Department.

Reason of review: Violation of state law.

Preferred solution: Fix your computer system and follow Oregon state law!.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Had an Experience with Safeway?

Comments

Several assumptions here that you have absolutely NO evidence to verify.