Safeway - Shopping in the local store and saw some holiday plates on sale
While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked.They were displayed in a large box on a shelf.
The plates were displayed facing forward standing on their side. When I went to remove the plate in the front all the plates moved towards me like a domino set and they came tumbling out on to both of my feet (about 20+ plates). I was in instant pain but just wanted to get out of there. A kind employee came to my rescue.
I checked out ($120. worth of groceries) and went home. When I removed my shoes I knew I had sustained some serious injuries to my toes, they were bleeding, swelling and already turning black from the blood under my large toe nail. I had never had anything like this ever happen before.
The gal at the store had taken my name and number and said she would report it to their corporate office in Pleasanton CA and they would call me in case there was an injury. The next day my foot was so swollen I went in to my doctor and they took an x-ray and drilled a hole in to my nail to relieve some of the pressure from the bleeding. I waited several days for a call from Safeway Corp but no one called. My foot required a second doctors visit due to the pain and bleeding.
I was not able to get a shoe on my foot. The doctor said it had now become infected and I started on antibiotics, still no call from Safeway Corp office. I decided to call them. After leaving 2 messages and still no return call I finally got a risk management person on the line and that was a real joke.
I kept trying to explain I wanted a report taken in case anything serious came from this infection but she was so busy talking over me I could never finish a complete sentence before she interrupted. I have MS so my immune system is already compromised and infections are always a concern. After 2 weeks of pain and still not able to wear a shoe I had a 3rd doctors appointment with a podiatrist. My toe nail was 75 percent lose from the nail and he said it will probably fall off and that I would not be able to wear a shoe for at least 2 to 3 more weeks until the infection is fully healed.
All verification of doctors visits, antibiotics as well as photos of the injury were emailed to the corp office. Safeway Corp risk management was horrible to deal with and the woman I had to deal with just kept saying there is nothing we can do for you unless you want a $50. gift card or maybe she could go a little higher. This was so insulting to me.
There was no kindness or empathy what so ever. She repeatedly said they don't pay for medical visits. It has now been 3 weeks and I have to wear an open toe post-op med shoe if I need to leave the house. I have no intention of bringing a lawyer in to this, I'm not that kind of person but I will never shop in their stores again.
The stress of all of this has caused a major flare up of my MS symptoms causing additional problems.I decided to just end this stress and accepted a very small $200.money order from Safeway Corp and try to concentrate on getting my injury fully healed.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Injury Insurance
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "I have an ongoing issue with past date products at my local Safeway which they have not addressed by the store management. On August 14th, I bought some Wish Bone..."
- "To Whom it may concern, I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do..."
- "Actual size of sandwich nowhere close to online image. Don't waste your money. It's advertised as hot and toasted. It came cold and untoasted, and lacking acceptable quantity of meat...."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "I got my wedding dress from JJ's and I had not one problem. I even waited way too long to order it. They promised I'd have my dress with custom..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "I ordered an EDC Low Profile Belt from Original SOE. The sizing instructions say, "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller than the size..."
- "The worst customer service, products and unprofessional installers! Seven week and still waiting for my laminate to be redone due to bad install on materials. My house is upside..."