Dear Sir or Madam:

On July 12th, 2018 at approximately 12:30 pm I entered the Safeway store in Sequim, Wa to purchase some popsicles. I picked out a box of popsicles from the frozen food section and started walking towards the self check out area. Suddenly, I found myself on the floor. I had slipped on some liquid which was not visible to me nor was there any sign or person pointing out the liquid. A woman employee helped me up while another assisted. The woman who helped me up was short in stature with very black hair; I imagine her to be in her 40s or 50s. The other employee was a fairly young woman but I cannot remember what she looked like. She told me a customer had brought their dog in the store and the dog urinated and defecated on the floor. She said to me, "Sorry about that." I found her comment about falling in dog *** hardly the hardly appropriate thing to say given the situation. I can't remember who finally asked if I was okay as I was paid for me popsicles and left.

I will be 72 next week and while I'm feeling better, the whole episode has left me with a very bad feeling. I feel compelled to write in order to make management aware of this situation and hopefully take corrective action. In no way do I wish anyone to lose their job or be demoted over this episode! I would like to be assured that employees are given corrective protocols in how to deal with spills and how to deal with and injured customers. I feel this situation would never have happened if employees were properly trained. I believe this starts from the top.

Thank you for proving me with this forum.

Yours,

Virginia Austin

360-565-6466

1435 Finn Hall Road

Port Angeles WA 98362

Product or Service Mentioned: Safeway Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: proper staff training.

I didn't like: Staff response.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18.

Comments

Doesn't sound like a very SAFE WAY to shop for me. In addition to letting you have your popsicles for free, they should have given you free groceries for a year. Two shopping carts filled to the brim with whatever you wanted, every sunday for a year.