Safeway - Store 3136 - DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE AT DELI! NOT A RETURNING CUSTOMER
I believe my negative experience at Store 3136 this evening should be brought to your attention - I would like to think you would be shocked.
First of all, to be honest, I normally do 100% of my grocery shopping at Winco Foods, Tigard, Oregon. WINCO FOODS has ALWAYS been the store of my choice for every reason there could be in a grocery shopping experience.
This evening, is another example of WHY I DO NOT LIKE SAFEWAY!
I received a very thoughtful and generous Safeway Gift card for $100 this week from a neighbor.
I did not have the heart nor would I ever voice my true feelings to the well intended gift giver that I never shop at Safeway; mainly due to over priced items.
In this last year, a new, state of the art Safeway store opened up close; to my home. This is Store #3136, 8145 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219. Safeway and WINCO foods are the same distance from my home.
Tonight I went to this store was about 7:00 PM for a few items. The store was very quiet, with hardly any customers. The store was peaceful, quiet, well lighted, clean, making my trip enjoyable and relaxing.
I never order hot food from the Store Deli Department and thought i would give it a try, as I had not had dinner yet.
The Deli counter was empty - no customers in sight.
I walked over to a young employee and asked the young male employee if it would be possible if he could get me a sample of the Sesame Chicken, as I had never tried it before.
I was shocked to hear his reply of "NO........i am helping another customer right now." I was speechless. Did I mention, there was no one in sight? This goes for any help behind this huge beautiful hot and cold deli area. The customer that the employee referred to must have walked away to do other shopping.
I again walked over to the Hot cooked section, pondering over what I was going to treat myself to. Mind you, had I not had a gift certificate, I would not have indulged, so this was truly a treat.
There was no help behind the counter. All of a sudden, an Oriental man was pouring hot chicken into a container right in front of me; I thought he was going to help me. He just nodded his head and went back to the kitchen.
After standing at this empty area for a few more minutes (looking for a bell to possibly ring on the counter is circumstances such as this), I tried to find a store employee for assistance. No such luck.
I finally went to an empty grocery line and explained my situation to the Cashier, Ryley.
I was very polite with my explanation, saying I had never ordered from this Hot Deli Department and would like to try a piece of Sesame Chicken to see if I would like to possibly order this for dinner.
Ryley was the cashier who assisted me. She was polite and professional; however I could tell she was embarrassed as to the service, or lack of, that I had experienced.
Ryley had someone cover her register and personally went over to assist me behind the counter. This finally got the attention of the young male employee who earlier had said he could not help me.
Ryley served me two types of chicken to see what I might like. Now , having the opportunity to 'sample the chicken', I wound up ordering the Rice Bowl with Sesame Chicken.
While digging to the bottom of the huge rice cooker, Ryley commented there was 'just enough rice left in the container to make a rice bowl'. I mentioned to her that I hope it was not dried out; she reassured me "water is added throughout the day so all should be fine." I was looking forward to this hot meal and planned on having half of this for my lunch next day at work.
By the time I returned home, I was truly hungry and could hardly wait to sit down and enjoy this hot food.
This was short lived!
The chicken was dry and I could not help but wonder how long this had been sitting in this hot container. The rice was dry and a big disappoint as well! The rice looked and tasted like Minute Rice!
I should have known not to order this late in the evening.
I have learned my lesson and confirmed WHY I DO NOT LIKE SAFEWAY AND TO NEVER ORDER HOT FOOD FROM SAFEWAY DELI!
As soon as this gift card is used up, which should not take long at the high prices of Safeway vs. Winco, I will gladly be returning back to my original grocery shopping source - WINCO FOODS. I have always been pleased with the quality and value that Winco delivers.
Good news travels fast.......bad new travels faster.
This was a very disappointing shopping and eating experience, not to mention a wasted of money, especially since half of this was thrown directly into garbage - no way was I interested in having this for lunch the next day!
On a positive note, I would like to tip my hat to Ryley with her excellent customer service.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unprofessional behavior
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Deli Department
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "I was shopping early in the morning at the Safeway store in Frederick,Md. and wanted something from the meat department and when I asked the woman working back there for..."
- "Hello, I have put many complaints about Publix on this website , and every single complaint has the proof (picture of the receipt is uploaded on every complaint) Here is another one..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "I have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting, to talk to PZ regarding wrongful charges on my account. I think you only move..."
- "Saturday delivery with important documents never left California. When I called customer service they actually tried to blame the UPS franchisee from where it was shipped. I called..."
- "I ordered on the 4th of May two flashlights on Amazon from Allworldsales, for an amount of $150. They've been delivered on the 6th of May at Viabox and I've been..."