Bought some small shrimp from the meat department to put in our salad the shrimp was dated the 14th of august, took it home, my wife started to put it on the salad, when she asked me to come taste it. It tasted like ammonia.

Went back to the store, the service desk got the store manager Lorie Young to come over and she was very rude and said she didn't think that there was anything wrong with it that shrimp has a strong smell, we just needed to wash it. I said no, we wanted it replaced, and she informed me very rudely that that wasn't going to happen. She said that we just wanted something free like all the other tourist.

I told her we would not shop here anymore, and she stated that was not true, because safeway was the only store in town!!! Well we will let everyone we know just how rude she is and we will also go all the way north to astoria to do our shopping!!!

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #785250

Dude, if you got shrimp there that smelled "tasted like ammonia" even though it wasn't past the sell by date, why would you go back and ask for more?

Good on you for sticking to your guns and refusing to shop there anymore, but I'll never understand the mentality of someone who gets a *** product and then goes back and demands an exact replica of it.

Even worse are the people who ate the *** product in its entirety, and came back the next day to say it tasted terrible and they want another one.

I hope you didn't eat the shrimp.