2.8
Layout of Store

After arguing, I did get a refund and gift card, but I had to create an epic scene, which was completely unnecessary. I was overcharged for an item, they refunded the difference but refused to honor the scanning guarantee, which is $5 gift card for a scanning error.

The guarantee is posted in huge signs everywhere. I pointed to it but was repeatedly ignored. The cashier called the manager, who also stonewalled. It took me at least 10 minutes of arguing, with other customers staring at me, to get my refund and gift card.

Also, since the item was discounted, the manager at first tried to keep the item I'd paid for, since he'd refunded the overcharge. But I'd paid for the item, and it took a lot of explaining and arguing to get him to give me the item I'd paid for.

He was openly impatient, and I didn't get an apology from either the manager or the cashier. As I mentioned to him, and the Safeway website where I made a complaint, if I weren't fluent in English, good at math, and willing to argue in front of a crowd, I would have had to leave without the item I bought, because it was such a struggle to get the manager to give it back, even though I paid for it.

Review about: Safeway Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Good supermarket.

I didn't like: Dishonest manager, Customer service.

Comments

Those people are much nicer than you deserve. If you create a scene in my store you will hear this quote: "Get out and don't come back, ever."