I work in a trade and because many job sites have no kitchen or electricity, I often rely on pre cooked food from grocery store delis and ready to eat departments.

My big problem with Safeway is that, despite having a huge ready to eat department, there is literally NOTHING a vegetarian can eat. The soups all have seafood, beef, or chicken stock in them, there are no veggie sandwiches, no California style sushi rolls, and every single salad I've seen there has chicken or ham in it. It's pretty ridiculous when not even the salads are vegetarian. Maybe it isn't like this at every Safeway but it has been my experience in more than one location on several different days.

From now on, I guess I'll be stuck eating cold peanut butter sandwiches or going out of my way to get meat free salads and sandwiches at other grocery stores until My local Safeways decide to increase theIr variety.

Review about: Safeway Department.

Had an Experience with Safeway?

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #785261

Bro, why don't you just ask them to make you a vegetarian sandwich? They have a sandwich counter right there.

Seriously. I cannot get over your *** comment. oh my GOD.

Nice comment, Joan, I think the point of a complaint site for a company, is that it is a place that you can complain. You must work for Safeway, you complete ***. :cry

You could prepare your own salad at home and take it with you to work.

You could prepare your own salad at home and take it with you to work.